Protection of Railway stations, trains and passenger is vital. The complexity of the challenge is compounded by the fact that railway stations are extremely busy environment with a huge flow of passengers, traffic and luggage.
Considering the potential for threat, it becomes a necessity to supplement manned security with modern security solutions, while at the same time taking the benefits of the latest technology to implement these mechanisms. In recent years, public transit security concerns have increased significantly. The threat of terrorist activity has always been present, but it is a larger issue today than ever before. Shyam’s security and surveillance systems can help to prevent such acts.
Built to perform in extreme environments, Shyam’s cost-effective and high-capacity wireless solutions offer fast, reliable and always available connectivity that is essential for efficient communication and productivity of the transit system. Secure data transfer at high speed, RFID based tracking, sensors and video surveillance are all supported by a single wireless communication platform.
- Wireless Connectivity & Broadband: Shyam’s Wi-Fi solution provides high capacity and seamless wireless connectivity at railway stations. The wireless LAN (WLAN) platform can be used as a transport carrier for any kind of IP traffic at the station; for example, connecting the IP cameras with the control room, connecting RFID controllers to the central software, public announcement system connectivity, and internet connectivity at the station.
- Video Analytics: Video analytics algorithms are used on live or recorded video for providing the intelligence to the system. Shyam’s intelligent video analytics algorithms are used for detecting any kind of intrusion or breach in the restricted area. Video Analytics Applied at Railway Stations:
- Abandoned Baggage
- Detection Perimeter
- Protection Missing
- Object Detection
- People Counting
- Parking Lot Management
- Intrusion Detection
- High Definition Security Camera: Shyam provides IP-based High Definition Surveillance & Monitoring solutions for railway stations. With the help of megapixel cameras, one can monitor the entire station in real time from a single or multiple points of contact. Further, these security cameras monitor, prevent, and track any suspicious activity at the station. Video streams from the cameras can be recorded for later use.
- Perimeter Protection: Shyam’s Perimeter Security System is a powerful intruder deterrent.It improves observation & detection results with high detection level and low false alarm rate. Key Features:
- Visual & Physical Deterrent to Intruder
- Shock, Voltage & Short Circuit Monitoring
- Cut & Climb Monitoring Controller
- Continuous Monitoring
- Interfaces with Standard Security Equipment
- Access Control: With Tags, it is easier to track the availability of railway personnel. TheseTags are also used to prevent unauthorized access to critical assets at the railway station.
- IP Public Address System: Shyam’s Public Address System can be used to make public announcements at railway stations and can be integrated with passenger information display systems for displaying train information. The public address system is inter-connected by the networking infrastructure for loss-less transmission.
- GSM PBX: Shyam offers a GSM-PBX system, which is deployed at railway stations to provide coverage and capacity to railway staff. The product combines the whole BSS (BSC + BTS’s) and MSC functionality into a single box.
- Information Kiosk: Kiosks are installed at railway stations for the convenience of passengers. The kiosk is used for checking train-related information such as PNR status, train arrival and departure times, delays, etc.
- Parking Management: Parking lots benefit greatly from the security provided by video surveillance. The cameras cover the entry and exit points as well as provide constant footage of the area inside the parking lot and issues an alarm when a threat is identified. This prevents any theft or suspicious activity in that area.