Underground or over surface pipelines for water, gas and oil supply are critical assets that can significantly impact both civilians and the environment when sabotaged intentionally or damaged unintentionally due to digging around them. Now, security of pipelines is possible by state-of-the-art embedded geophone technology with Shyam’s Pipeline Security solution. This system is also used for the protection of communication lines like fiber duct, telephone cable, and power cable in urban and semi-urban areas. The affected area is identified by sensors installed in proximity and alerts are sent to the central station by fixed wire or wireless transmission for timely action.
The Pipeline Security working is also quite innovative as in this a cascading chain of geo-sensors that extends along the length of the pipeline. Even the smallest vibrations can be detected. Individual sensors communicate via RS 422 protocol to the nearest processor unit (each unit accommodates 50 geophone sensors in one direction). Hence, after every 100 sensors, a new processor unit is deployed and connected by wireless to the control center. Sensors can be powered on battery as well as through solar cells.
Features & Benefits
- Protection against Sabotage
- Vibration Detection by invisible Geophone Sensors
- Corrosion and Erosion detection by Ultrasonic sensors
- Wireless Communication
- Very Low Power Consumption
- Robust and Rugged Capsulation
- Continuous Monitoring from Control Room
- Faster incident reporting to control center and hence a quicker response by patrolling team
- Easy to Install on Existing pipelines